Chances are..if you clean your house, you might just have a multitude of cleaners under your cabinet.
OR, in your laundry room. OR scattered around your house.
One of the BEST ways to save money is to make your own cleaners – truthfully, there isn’t anything that you can’t make yourself that won’t do better than store or name-brand varieties. There really isn’t… as long as you have baking soda, vinegar and peroxide at home you can really clean just about anything.
Although I do make many of my own cleaners and have for some time, the only cleaner that I actually Do purchase for my household is Thieves Cleaner – and it lasts a long time. LONG time!
Now… obviously I’m a huge fan of Thieves Cleaner because I’m a huge fan of Young Living… but in all honesty , every time I share this cleaner with family or friends, they are always fast to mention how much they love it too.
What is Thieves Household Cleaner?
Thieves Household Cleaner is a plant-based cleaner that is an ALL in ONE ~ it is made of plant and mineral based ingredients and is very concentrated.
- Therapeutic grade Thieves and Lemon Essential Oils (both are great for cleaning)
- Biodegradable cutting agents with ingredients that are rated as a 0 on the Environmental Working Group’s Health Hazard Score (which runs 0 to 10 – 10 of which is being the worst, and 0 is the “best”)..
- And Vegetable based surfactants that are Green Seal Compliant and also compliant with EPA design for Environment standards
- It’s non-toxic
Thieves Ratios per Young Living
- All-purpose cleaner: Combine 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner and 16 oz – 24 oz Water
- Degreaser: Combine 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner and 2 cups water. For heavy cleaning, use half or quarter the amount of water. If necessary, use a cloth to apply Thieves Household Cleaner undiluted. After cleaning, wipe the area with a cloth dampened with water.
- Glass and mirror cleaner: Combine 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner, 5 drops Citrus Fresh™ essential oil blend, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, and 3 cups water.
The best part of this cleaner is that (as mentioned) it’s concentrated – one capful to 15 oz. of water will allow you to stretch the bottle a long ways. Use old Thieves Cleaner bottles re-fashioned with a new spray bopper to make a bottle for each room of the house.
You can even mix with a little Pine for make your own Pine Sol Cleaner (DIY!)
OR, use an old Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar Bottle with a spray topper too.
We use Young Living for ALL of our Oily needs ~ if you are interested in using Essential Oils for your personal care, wellness, or home, Young Living offers a tremendous opportunity to score their oils at wholesale cost (24% OFF) when you buy the premium starter kit (which includes 11 popular oils, a diffuser and samples of various other items).
Not to mention, when you purchase the starter kit, we will send you $40 in FREE items including an Amazon Gift Card, and reference materials to help you get started on your oily journey, in addition to access to several Facebook groups for training, too.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- See more Essential Oil recipes HERE and HERE
- Find out how to buy Essential Oils at Wholesale Cost (24% OFF) + earn $40 in Bonus Goodies, too!