If you are sitting on tons of spinach, there is no better way to use it up than making this fabulous quiche – it’s amazing and SO forgiving!
You can add as you wish, or take away what you may not care for… it will still turn out amazingly well. Add some breakfast sausage or bacon for flavor (if you are a meat eater)… or, even without, it tastes amazing. It’s a very quick dinner too, that reheats well.
If you don’t wish to grate your own potatoes for the hash brown base, you can opt for refrigerated hash browns – I prefer to do my own because I would prefer just potatoes (and no added ingredients!) and it’s really very easy to do if you have an abundance of potatoes anyways.
- 8-9 small Potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 C. Yogurt
- 1/2 C. Milk or Half & Half
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 C. fresh Spinach
- 1/3 C. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 C. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Grease a pie plate and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the grated potatoes in 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil and cook for 5-6 minutes until halfway done (some will be crispy and some will not).
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of the pie plate - spread out to cover the entire base.
- Mix the eggs with the yogurt, milk, salt, mozzarella, and spinach until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the base of the hash browns.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie plate with the 1/3 C. cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 or until golden brown and eggs have set.
- Remove from oven, and let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing.