Slow Cooker Meatballs – a simple yet delicious recipe made easily in your slow cooker, that comes together with wholesome ingredients!
Meatballs are the epitome of comfort food. If I could count how many times I had meatballs as a kid, I’d run out of fingers (hands, too!) It was perhaps the most “made” dinner in our kitchen.
Fast forward, 30 years… I am now a mother of five little people and they love meatballs JUST as much as I did at their age.
Now that I’m older, I have realized that there are countless ways to make meatballs…
One can make them plain, stuffed with cheese, with a splash of milk, with breadcrumbs, with ground beef, or even with a ground beef & pork mixture… it’s mind boggling – the number of ways you can make them to suit your taste.
You can even make them on your smoker.
When it all comes down to it though, meatballs are actually very simple balls of deliciousness.
One thing I can say, though, is that I love making them in the slow cooker. At the end of the day, the slow cooker prevails — it’s easy, it cooks when I’m busy, and it makes it seem like I have slaved in the kitchen when I have had the most busy of days.
Slow Cooker Meatballs
These slow cooker meatballs come together with …
- ground beef (80/20 is what I prefer)
- ground pork
- spices – salt, pepper, oregano and thyme
- parmesan cheese
- and one single egg
Roll them up and place them in the slow cooker. Then cover with marinara, and diced tomatoes and let them cook. Deliciousness comes in just four short hours!
OTHER CASSEROLE RECIPES:
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole (+ Video)
- Arnie Mac Cheesy Pasta
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole
Did you make this recipe?
If you did, please take a second to rate the recipe and leave a comment to let me know how it turned out for you. Did you make any changes?
Slow Cooker Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20 mixture
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/3 C Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes low sodium
- 1 jar marinara sauce, 24-26 oz
- In a medium sized bowl, add: beef, pork, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, thyme, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Combine until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Once done, create golf ball sized portions of meatballs and place into your 6-quart slow cooker. If you have a smaller slow cooker, you can layer the meatballs on top of each other.
- Layer diced tomatoes and marinara sauce on top of the meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Once done, garnish with grated parmesan cheese.