Don’t you just LOVE a great brownie? Me too – I could finish of an entire dish 🙂 I really could.
My kids could too – and unfortunately that’s not what I want them to do… so it was a bit of a challenge to find a brownie recipe that would allow them to enjoy, but not be on a sugar high. Very very hard!
Lately we have done really well with using Raw Honey in our Zucchini and Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with GREAT results – most, TALL, and indulgent… and these brownies are NO different! They are amazingly delicious and perfect for a craving .. without sacrificing your diet!
- 1/2 C. Applesauce
- 1/2 C. Raw Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C. Organic, Whole Wheat Flour (or, Organic All Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- 1/2 C. Organic Cacao Powder (or, Cocoa Powder)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Optional: 1/2 C. Chocolate Chips, or Crushed Chocolate Pieces
- Optional: Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the Applesauce, Honey, and Eggs until well blended.
- Add the Flour and Cacao Powder, and Baking Soda and mix just until moist.
- If you are using Chocolate Chips, & Essential Oil, add them at this time.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting - serve slightly warm.
- Cover remaining brownies and eat within 24-48 hours.
- If you would like to top with whip cream, make your own whip cream with 1 C. Heavy Cream, 1 tsp Sugar, and 1 tsp Vanilla - whip in your KitchenAid on high until peaks form. Keep refrigerated.