You might not think of Sweet Potatoes and Persimmons when you think of whipping together a really easy, wholesome soup…
They really do work amazing together. Both Sweet Potatoes and Persimmons are rich in Vitamin A – while too much Vitamin A isn’t the best idea, a simple bowl of soup isn’t going to do too much damage.
This soup is incredibly easy to whip together in your Instant Pot ~ in less than 30 minutes, you can have this soup ready and on the table. It is wholesome and rich, but has a nice fruity flavor from the Persimmons.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 C. diced carrots
- 2/3 C. diced celery
- 2/3 C. diced onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 persimmons
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or 2 drops of Ginger Vitality Essential Oil - we use Young Living)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Optional: slivered almonds and fresh parsley for garnish
- In your Instant Pot, push Saute and add the butter, carrots, celery and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the persimmons in half horizontally, scoop out the pulp.
- Add the persimmons, sweet potatoes, and vegetable stock to the instant pot and close the lid. Turn the valve closed, and set the timer for manual (high) for 6 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes once done, then release the rest naturally.
- Use your immersion blender to puree then return to the Instant Pot and stir i salt and pepper - to taste. If you are using a regular blender, puree in batches and return to the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add turmeric and ginger. Stir will, and ladle into bowls - garnish with parsley or sliced almonds.