Love Popovers? I do – they are super easy to make, and you can use up extra herbs – in our case, too much Parsley and Garlic. YUM!
Just a few weeks ago we made Black Pepper & Nutmeg Popovers and they were amazing – so amazing we doubled the batch, and made them for church fellowship – they went like hotcakes.
Making popovers can be done in a regular muffin pan – make sure you grease them well, and the pan must be hot when you fill up with the batter.
You’ll want to preheat your oven with the pan inside… then once it’s ready at the desired temp, pull the pan out and grease liberally with some butter and a pastry brush before you pour the batter in to cook.
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 C. Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 C. Organic, All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 C. Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Rind, grated OR... 8 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F - make sure your muffin pan is IN the oven, too.
- Combine the egg whites, yolk and milk in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Add the salt, flour, parsley, lemon rind and garlic and mix just until blended.
- At this time, your oven should be heated - pull out the pan ( it's hot so be careful!) and liberally grease 6 of the cups with butter using your pastry brush.
- Immediately pour the batter between 6 muffin cups, and bake for 28 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Do not open the oven as they bake or they will lose their rise!
- Serve warm with butter.