Every week when we attend church, we come home with grapefruit after grapefruit – from a wonderful member of our congregation who has a tree at her home.
Since we don’t want to turn them down, we bring them home.. and while I love grapefruit … sometimes I just don’t feel like my belly can fit any more grapefruit eaten with a spoon 🙂 But at the same time, I’d hate to throw perfectly good grapefruit.
Grapefruit have some tremendous health benefits – chock full of vitamin C, they are also 91% water – and full of electrolytes – so great for preventing dehydration. Grapefruit is also full of fiber .. and full of antioxidants that benefit your skin.
- 2 C. Grapefruit Juice (approx. 3 Grapefruit, squeezed and strained)
- 1/2 C. Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Optional: 1-2 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- Optional Sweetener: Stevia or Raw Honey, to taste
- Combine the Grapefruit Juice, Water, and Cinnamon Stick and bring to a light simmer on the stove (low-medium).
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then ladle into mugs.
- Add 1-2 drops of Lemon Vitality in each mug (optional).
- To sweeten (if necessary) add a tsp Raw Honey or Stevia, to taste.
We use Young Living for ALL of our Oily needs ~ if you are interested in using Essential Oils for your personal care, wellness, or home, Young Living offers a tremendous opportunity to score their oils at wholesale cost (24% OFF) when you buy the premium starter kit (which includes 11 popular oils, a diffuser and samples of various other items).
Not to mention, when you purchase the starter kit, we will send you $40 in FREE items including an Amazon Gift Card, and reference materials to help you get started on your oily journey, in addition to access to several Facebook groups for training, too.