White rice is one of the easiest items to make in the Instant Pot – beans run a close 2nd… but rice totally prevails. Once I started making rice in my instant pot over a year ago, I haven’t ever gone back to the stove top.
Who would want to trade 7 minutes for 20+ minutes? Definitely not me.. Rice is always great to have on hand – in a pinch, you can make rice pudding, cilantro-lime rice, or coconut rice.
This time around, we used Paprika – not only is it one of the main ingredients in our Instant Pot Chicken Paprikash, it’s a wonderful way to give some color and flavor to the boring old plain, white rice.
If you can spare ten minutes, and a few simple ingredients, you can pull off this rice for dinner – along with enough to eat the next day… perhaps with some eggs over easy, or mixed with green onions, fresh corn or even diced peppers.
It is so incredibly challenging to find soy-free bouillon .. we prefer Edward and Sons (which is soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and organic) – you can find it on Amazon, or places like Vitacost.
If you don’t mind soy, then feel free to use your own preferred brand – if it isn’t cubes, then use 2 tsp.
Whether you are new to your Instant Pot or have had it for a while, you will want to bookmark these 50+ Instant Pot Recipes – from Tamales, to Chicken Paprikash, to Orange Chicken, Yogurt & more. We have it all! 😉
- 2 C. white rice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 C. water
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 cubes soy-free chicken bouillon (Edward & Sons is what we prefer)
- 1 tsp salt, or more, to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In the Instant Pot, combine all ingredients and give a quick stir to distribute evenly.
- Cover the Instant Pot, lock the lid and set the timer to high (manual) and push the timer down to just 7 minutes.
- Ensure the valve at top is sealed, and walk away.
- Once the pot beeps, release the pressure (quick release) and fluff the rice. Determine if more salt is needed, and serve.
Leave a Reply