This healthy honey garlic baked cauliflower comes together easily with simple ingredients and is perfect for a simple meatless meal option!
Cauliflower for Chicken?
But one of the craziest ways we have used cauliflower is for a meatless option should we run out of chicken. This honey garlic baked cauliflower is super easy to make and the perfect option for a meatless meal.
Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower though – really? While I do enjoy cauliflower, I will be honest and say that it will never ever taste better than chicken ~ and cauliflower rice may never surpass my love for regular rice.
I’ll admit, I love a big fat juicy steak sprinkled with homemade mushroom salt — but every now and then it’s fun to change things up a bit and try something out of the ordinary.
This is definitely out of the ordinary .. and a great way to sneak veggies in your meals, especially if you have kids.
Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower
This honey garlic baked cauliflower can be whipped up with a few simple ingredients for a quick weeknight dinner. Simply break the cauliflower into smaller florets and dip them in the beaten egg until well coated.
Throw the egg-coated florets in a ziploc bag with the breadcrumbs and shake well until they are coated evenly.
Arrange the florets on a large, lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until toasted brown. Then combine easily with the sauce ingredients – simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Garnish and serve with your favorite side.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 2 C. bread crumbs (you can make your own)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 Tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- Optional: 1 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- Optional: 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the beaten egg and until well coated.
- Pour the bread crumbs in a large ziploc and add the coated cauliflower pieces - shake well until they are coated with the bread crumbs.
- Arrange the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until toasted brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, grab a saucepan and add the sauce ingredients on the stove until mixed.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thick, and then add the cauliflower in the sauce and coat well.
- Garnish with fresh scallions (optional).