If there is one thing I love, that is having a Rosemary Bush in the backyard. Even more.. I love Rosemary. Fresh Rosemary is amazing, and Rosemary Essential Oil is even more super…
I love using Rosemary Essential Oil on my dryer balls, and it has a clean, refreshing scent for my house – it’s great to use in your shampoo for scalp support, too!
But the BEST way to use it is in fresh baked bread – I’m a HUGE fan of homemade bread. There isn’t anything quite like it!
Young Living Vitality Line is great for cooking and baking – the Rosemary Vitality Oil is simply wonderful to add to your bread dough. Then top with fresh Rosemary both IN the rolls (chopped up) and sprinkled on top with a little Sea Salt and bake until golden brown.
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 7-8 medium tomatillos, husks removed
- 2 serrano peppers (or, 3 if you want a hotter salsa)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (if you are using regular salt, stick to 1 tsp or to taste)
- 1/4 c. water, or more for a thinner salsa
- Turn your oven on roast and set the temperature for 475 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the onion peppers, tomatillos and garlic.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the top rack and roast for 5-6 minutes on each side until the tomatillos are nicely roasted - they might even be black and blistered - that is OK 🙂
- Open the oven and flip the tomatillos over to the other side - do the same with the serrano peppers, and onion.
- Give the pan another 4-5 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- You'll want to transfer the tomatillos, serrano peppers, and onion to your blender. Squeeze the garlic out of the cloves and add to the blender, too.
- Add oregano, salt and cilantro and blend on high.
- For a thinner salsa, add more water.
- Pour into a canning jar with a lid and refrigerate.