A simple DIY for lip gloss, colored naturally and made with simple lip-loving ingredients! These are great to give as gifts for friends or family!
One of the easiest DIY’s to make at home is Lip Gloss and Lip Balm.
I can’t believe that at one point in my life I preferred to buy mine in store. Looking back, I had no idea how easy and inexpensive it was to make at home with a few simple ingredients.
I actually made these cute lip gloss tubs as I was making breakfast for the kids. That’s some serious multitasking capability – right?
Trust me when I say that it couldn’t be more easy.
I think the hardest part is picking out the essential oils to include in your gloss – go with something simple like lavender or peppermint. Or, leave them out altogether – it’s completely up to you.
We kept some of them a natural neutral color, and for others, we added a little beet root powder which gave them a beautiful tint of dark red/pink.
Aren’t they cute?!
Tuck one in your purse, and give a few out to friends, co-workers or even your own girls.
You can incorporate them at your next get together – they would even work wonderful for teacher gifts for the holidays.
You can really use any container that works for you – we had these little jars leftover but feel free to adapt to your situation.
Always try to use PET plastic, if not glass – I would avoid using citrus oils with plastic, and be cautious in the amount of essential oil you use as well.
Normally plastic and essential oils don’t go well together. However, if diluted properly it’s normally acceptable provided you are using PET plastic.
*Essential oils are not required – they are completely optional!
Easy DIY Lip Gloss
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp organic beeswax pellets
- optional: essential oils
- optional: beet root powder
Lip Balm containers or Jars (BPA FREE)
- In a glass canning jar or a glass Pyrex measuring cup, combine the coconut oil and beeswax – 20 second intervals until melted.
- Remove from the microwave allow to sit for a minute or two, then add the essential oils. Pour into your lip balm containers.
- If you are adding beet root powder to some and not to others, make sure you pour the lip gloss in its natural color to several containers first, then add beet root to the rest and pour into the remaining containers.
- Allow to sit until hardened.
This recipe above made a whopping 15! However, that may differ depending on what type of container you use. Give them a try and let us know how these turn out for you!
In fact.. bookmark 25 DIYs with Essential Oils for more DIY Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and more.