Do you have kids (girls) with long hair? We have some REALLy long hair in our house – long as in down to our lower back… and as great as we take care of our hair, having a hair detangler that is easy to use is an amazing thing.
With long hair comes lots of knots and tangles, and sensitive heads. It’s NOT fun to watch your kids cry and scream when you are trying to comb their hair. But it’s also not good to “not” comb their hair – because face it, knots don’t work out themselves, right?
Why Not Use Commercial Hair Detangler?
The commercial items in store are FULL of ingredients that you might not necessarily want on your hair —
- Cetearyl Alcohol
And more… in fact, check out this one NAME brand popular hair detangler on the EWG – on a scale of 1 to 10, the detangler is rated as high as 8 in some places ( pretty scary – right? )
Homemade Hair Detangler
- 2/3 C. Distilled Water
- 1/3 – 2/3 C. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (removes build up, improves shine)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (or you can use Jojoba Oil)
- 1 dropper of Vitamin E Oil (you can find HERE or, at your local Sprouts – one bottle lasts a LONG time)
- 10 drops each Peppermint, Lavender, Rosemary and Orange Essential Oils
We use Young Living for ALL of our Oily needs ~ if you are interested in using Essential Oils for your personal care, wellness, or home, Young Living offers a tremendous opportunity to score their oils at wholesale cost (24% OFF) when you buy the premium starter kit (which includes 11 popular oils, a diffuser and samples of various other items).
Not to mention, when you purchase the starter kit, we will send you $40 in FREE items including an Amazon Gift Card, and reference materials to help you get started on your oily journey, in addition to access to several Facebook groups for training, too.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- See more Essential Oil recipes HERE and HERE
- Find out how to buy Essential Oils at Wholesale Cost (24% OFF) + earn $40 in Bonus Goodies, too!
[…] Homemade DIY Hair Detangler with Essential Oils […]