Creating your own cake mixes are such a great money-saver… not only that, they are a wonderful way to get away from the boxed mixes in store.
Which, if you aren’t already aware, are full of artificial colorings and flavorings.
They might be cheap, and in some cases, free with coupons… but they quite honestly aren’t even worth going after.
This DIY Chocolate Snack Cake Mix is such an easy way to make your own, keep in the pantry, and whip up when you need to – tastes great and is the perfect size for most families.
You can even take it a step farther, and label the back of the bag so that you have the instructions right there without having to look up a recipe.
Or, if you are like me, the recipe is stuck in your brain 🙂
- 1 2/3 C. Flour
- 2/3 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. Organic Cacao Powder (or, Cocoa Powder)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Mix all those ingredients and add any additional nuts or chocolate chips as needed.
- Store in a jar, or in a Hefty OneZip baggie.
- Prepare with 1 C. Water, 1/3 C. Oil, 1 tsp Vinegar and 1/2 tsp Vanilla.
- Spread into an 8 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- OR, grease and lightly flour a 7" Springform pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the Springform pan.