If you have an Instant Pot, chances are you have been eager to make hard boiled eggs – they are a MUST around our house. Our kids will eat them on the way to school.
Our 2 year old wants them for a snack…
And they are just great to have in a pinch – because you can put together last minute egg salad sandwiches with soup for dinner.
The Instant Pot makes them unbelievably easy. What’s so great about using the pot versus the stove, is that when you use the Instant Pot you can set it and forget it. I can put the eggs in, and make lunches, pack bags, and help the kids wake up… without having to hover over the stove. OR worry about little ones being near the stove.
We pick up eggs from pasture-raised chickens that feed on organic feed, several dozen at a time. Although they are a little more in cost, they are so much better than the eggs you find in the grocery store.
- 5-6 farm fresh Eggs
- 1 C. Water
- In the Instant Pot, pour 1 C. water.
- Set the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- You can use a steamer basket OR, put the eggs right on the trivet directly.
- Lock the lid and set the Instant Pot to Manual (High) 5 minutes.
- Once it beeps, let the steam release on it's own an additional 5 minutes.
- Then remove the eggs, and place in a dish of cold ice water to cool - they will be VERY easy to peel.