Meatballs aren’t something we have too often ~ but when you can make them in MINUTES … it really is pretty nice to enjoy them once in awhile!
We haven’t had beef in a very very VERY long time – for the last year we cut back quite a bit from meat in our diet, in favor of a focus in vegetables. It was a struggle at first, but we truly did not realize how easy it is to cook without meat and over a year later we found our wallets fatter and our tummies just as full.
We pick up our Raw Milk from a farmer 25 minutes away and today he offered up to us a pound of grass-fed, pasture raised, organic ground beef.. so we took it and we’ll stretch it a few meals.
This particular pound gave us 24 meatballs, and half of them are in the freezer for another meal.
Once we got home we opened up the fridge and dug out a few carrots, some leftover onion and combined with a few other ingredients to put together some pretty amazing meatballs. The best part? They cook in 5 minutes (not to include rising and coming down from pressure!)
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this Instant Pot?
- 1 lb lean Grass Fed Pasture Raised Organic Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 slices of Organic Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Egg
- Salt, Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 1/4 C. Organic Pasta Sauce
- 2 C. Water
- In your food processor, process the bread, carrots, and onion together until chopped. The bread will process to crumbs, but you can do them all at once.
- Combine the mixture from the food processor in a large bowl and add the ground beef, egg, salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Mix well and form into meatballs about the size of 2 Tbsp - set aside.
- In your Instant Pot, pour 2 1/4 Cups of of Organic Pasta Sauce, and combine with 2 Cups of water - stir with a spoon until blended.
- Then add the meatballs in the tomato sauce mixture one at a time until they are all in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on, and set the Instant Pot to Manual, and 5 minutes (High).
- Once the Instant Pot is done, let the pressure release naturally for 2-3 minutes then do a quick release.
- Serve the meatballs with rice or over spaghetti.
- The number of meatballs is a result of the size in which you opt to make them.
Not sure if your kids will eat them? You might be surprised. Mine had already eaten their dinner and I asked them if they wanted meatballs – nobody did, because they saw carrots in them 😉
Though a short time later, they couldn’t resist, and then eventually the pot was gone – they HAD eaten them and they said they were delicious.
Checkout more recent Instant Pot Recipes… see 10 Reasons why we invested in an Instant Pot, and find the BEST Instant Pot Accessories to have for Instant Pot Owners!
[…] Easy Instant Pot Meatballs in Sauce – Rebooted Mom […]