This double chocolate greek yogurt banana bread is SO good… you won’t even realize it’s made without butter or oil!
It’s sweetened by cacao powder, and raw honey – and if you love regular banana bread, this is such a great alternative without being overloaded with sugar!
Bananas don’t last long at all in our house – and while my kids are definitely monkeys in training when we have bananas in the counter, I think they will agree with me that they love banana bread just as much. I made this double chocolate Greek yogurt banana bread as a change of pace from the traditional banana bread – it turned out quite amazing!
We took the loaf to church where it disappeared at fellowship in mere minutes – my kids were bummed that they didn’t get to enjoy any, so we whipped up another batch when we came home and they were tickled. I am not sure who loved it more.. them, or my husband – who I found digging into the loaf at night before he went to bed.
The loaf is tender, and soft… and captures just enough sweetness from the honey without being overloaded with sugar – it’s also loaded with chocolate cacao powder and a few chocolate chips – clearly heaven!
Since it’s made without any oil or butter, and raw honey in lieu of drastic amounts of sugar, it’s much healthier – go ahead, and eat two pieces!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. maple syrup (Grade A if at all possible)
- 1/2 C. Greek yogurt
- 2-3 large, ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 C. cacao powder
- 1 1/2 C. organic, all purpose unenriched flour
- 1/2 C. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan - then set to the side.
- In your KitchenAid, combine the eggs, vanilla, brown sugar, maple syrup, and banana and blend on high until well mixed.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and mix just until combined.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine - try to avoid over-mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour into your greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven - let cool for 20-30 minutes before you turn out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.