Do you deal with annoying critters when you spend time outside? Most people do – and while here in Arizona we don’t have as many, we still have some… living up in Minnesota as a child I can’t remember a single time we weren’t pestered.
They were everywhere – parades, fireworks, swimming, at the lake, even just playing outside as kids. We would have them in the house as kids even with screens on the windows… they would always find a way in.
Thankfully there are plants that you can have in your backyard — but there are always sprays out there that you can use, to… let me show you how easy it is to make your own outdoor spray that will allow you to spend time outside annoyance free.
This is another great way to use your Essential Oils!
You will want to make sure you are using glass spray bottles – you can pick up some on Amazon. They are great – we have several here at the house.
Try to stay away from using plastic – especially when using a large concentration of essential oils.
- 8 oz Spray Bottle
- 6 oz Witch Hazel
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops Purification Essential Oil
- 10 drops Thieves Essential Oil
- Optional: 10 drops Citronella Essential Oil
Peppermint, Purification and Thieves are all oils that are in the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living – the last oil is optional!
- Grab the bottles and unscrew the tops
- Pour the witch hazel into a clean bottle
- Add each of the Essential Oils one at a time
- Give it a good shake (or gently turn!) and spray on exposed skin and/or clothes when you head outside to spend time.
One of the BEST things about this is that all of the oils (except Citronella – which is optional!) is in the Premium Starter Kit from Young Living.
Have any of these oils? You can add them or substitute for them, too! These 3 are just as effective – mix and match depending on what you have available.