Here’ s a really neat project to take on if you love Essential Oils — we got this idea from The Oil Posse (which is also a great reference site for care club graphics!) – you can put together some really easy DIY Leather Car Vent Diffusers. They would be a great idea to share with friends or family without too much cost.
Also just as great to do for small Essential Oil parties, too!
The final price on the vent diffusers will depend on the materials – you’ll want name badge clips, and round leather circles. We got our leather circles on Etsy from THIS shop (he was amazing.. I can’t say enough!) — but you can also find colored leather too.
- Round Leather 2″ Circles – pack of 50 (Etsy) -> this is what we got
- Round Leather Circles – Pack of 40 (Etsy)
- Name Badge Clips, pack of 100 (Amazon)
- Name Badge Clips, pack of 50 (Amazon)
- X-Acto Knife 1 pk (Amazon)
We didn’t use an X-Acto knife — my husband had his military Gerber (with Knife) that was just as sharp so I opted for that just for the sheer purpose of cost savings.
You will need:
- Leather Round Circles (see above)
- Name Badge Clips (see above)
- X-Acto Knife (see above)
Cut a slit in the leather with the X-Acto knife, not all the way across but just big enough to slip the Name Badge Clip through the slit (be careful and make sure you are using something underneath so you don’t mark up your countertops!) Slip the name badge clip through that slit and button – you want the oil to be on the rough side of the leather (not the smooth side).
Add 1-2 drops of oil and clip to the vent in your car or truck. We put one on every vent.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- See more Essential Oil recipes HERE and HERE
- Find out how to buy Essential Oils at Wholesale Cost (24% OFF) + earn $40 in Bonus Goodies, too!