This DIY Body Balm comes together quickly and easily with skin-loving ingredients like Jojoba Oil and mango butter for a balm that nourishes dry skin.
Whip up your own body balm/beard balm with this simple DIY below. Now that the cold, winter weather is here, it’s important to keep your skin well moisturized and supple.
Doing that is rather easy when you can throw together a few simple ingredients to make your own body balm. This body balm can also be used as a beard balm for the rugged, lumberjack male… I have used woodsy scented essential oils for a fresh, outdoor scent – Pine, Cedarwood and Rosemary essential oils.
DIY Body Balm/Beard Balm
This beard balm/body balm comes together easily with the following ingredients:
- Jojoba Oil
- Argan Oil
- Mango Butter
- And beeswax
Combined with the essential oils of rosemary, cedar wood and pine, it has a fresh, yet woodsy scent. If you are looking to add your own oil combination, go for it! You’ll want o ensure that the oil of your choice is safe for application on skin.
Can I use beard balm as body balm?
Beard balm isn’t just for beards!
Beard balm used as a body balm will help keep your skin smooth and moisturized all winter long. With oils like Jojoba and Organ, it’s a wonderful way to nourish dry skin in the harshest of months.
Looking for more DIY recipes?
- Rosemary Pine Beard Balm
- Herbal Tallow Balm
- How to Make Whipped Tallow Body Butter
- Whipped Tallow Magnesium Body Butter
- Homemade Healing Salve
- Calendula Salve
- How to Make Soothing Lavender Salve
Not wanting to make this body / beard balm? You can find it by heading here – over to Etsy.
DIY Body Balm
- 6 2 oz tins with screw top lid
- 6 oz jojoba oil
- 2 oz argan oil or, avocado, sunflower, sweet almond, rice bran oil
- 1 oz mango butter
- 2 oz beeswax pellets
- .15 oz essential oil Combination of Pine, Cedarwood and Rosemary (.05 oz of each)
- Using a double broiler, combine all of the ingredients and melt on low to medium heat. If you are using your microwave, ensure you are using a microwave safe glass measuring cup and heat in intervals of 30-45 seconds, stir and repeat.
- Once the mixture has melted completely, remove from the heat. Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- Pour into 2 oz tins and allow to cool until hardened.
- For a harder body balm/beard balm, increase your beeswax to 2.5 oz.
- Sunflower oil can be substituted with avocado oil, rice bran oil, organ oil or even sweet almond oil.
Did you make this body balm/beard balm? If so, please take a second to RATE the recipe and comment to let me know how it turned out!