When your family is hungry and you are looking for a warm bowl of comforting soup that’ll fill everyone up, this is one that you can put together in a hurry.
The spinach is a nice, colorful addition to the creamy and comforting potatoes – serve it with some crusty bread and you have something the whole family will love.
Although it’s fall where we are in Arizona, the weather is still pretty hot – as much as we try to keep the cooking down to a minimum, it’s not always too easy. We love this recipe because it’s incredibly easy to put together and it cooks up quickly in our Instant Pot.
Do you have an Instant Pot? We love ours!
The soup combines a rich chicken stock with cream to make it incredibly flavorful. We dump off the first cup of our raw milk to sub as cream in our soups with the added benefit of all the good stuff raw milk has.
Heavy cream can get to be a bit fatty, so feel free to sub out with half and half or full fat coconut milk instead.
- 8-9 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 C. fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. heavy cream (feel free to substitute half and half)
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In your Instant Pot on the saute function, combine butter with garlic and onions, and saute until translucent.
- Turn off the saute function.
- Add the diced potatoes and broth, then place the lid on the Instant Pot and push Manual (High) for a period of 4 minutes.
- Once the pot is done and beeps, use a natural pressure release for 5 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
- Add the spinach, salt, and cream - test, and add more salt to taste.
- Give the spinach a few minutes to wilt in the soup, then ladle into bowls and serve.