Sweet Potatoes are one of the best produce pantry staples to have in your house – they can be baked, steamed, mashed, used in muffins or even put in soup.
We always, always have a bag here at home – usually 10 pounds, if we don’t, I panic… if you don’t grow your own Organic Sweet Potatoes you can pick up a 5 lb Bag of Organic Sweet Potatoes at Costco for just over $1 per pound.
One of my favorite reasons to have them is not only their health benefits, but that they cook up SO fast in the Instant Pot – in 9 minutes I can steam 3-4 of them… we use a cup for these muffins and set the rest aside for other dishes.
- 1 C. Mashed Sweet Potatoes (2 medium, steamed)
- 1 3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (or, 2 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Butter, softened (or, Applesauce)
- 1/2 C. Milk
- 2 drops Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the eggs, sugar, and milk and beat on high until well blended.
- Add the butter, nutmeg, orange essential oil and cinnamon and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients (baking powder, flour) and mix into the liquid mixture just until blended.
- Spoon the batter amongst 12 muffin cups - fill 3/4 full.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle evenly amongst the 12 muffins - bake in the center of the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and then remove muffin wrappers.