Have extra & carrots & zucchini? This is the PERFECT recipe for that.
I’ll be the first to admit I could never give up bread, or grains – oatmeal is our breakfast, and steel cut oats makes so easily in the Instant Pot it nearly makes it effortless for everyone to eat in the morning.
But these are great too – not just for mornings but also for mid-morning snacks, or light dinners with a salad.
Just a few days ago we grated up too many carrots for what we were making… and with a million muffins from the day before already made, I really didn’t really want to make MORE muffins.
So I grabbed zucchini from the fridge that we got in our CSA bag and figured it would be a great way to make mini frittata muffins – and they were AMAZINGLY easy!
One extra tip though – normally frittatas are made in one mass baking dish. If you are using the muffin tin, you will need to grease generously. Don’t skimp – or you will find your frittatas sticking to that pan and they will be hard to remove.
So grease grease grease – the more the better.
- 1 Carrot, shredded (about 1 C.)
- 1 Zucchini, shredded (about 1 C.)
- 8 Eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C. Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 C. Cheese, shredded (Cheddar or Mozzarella work great)
- Generously grease the 12 ct Muffin Tin.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs, carrots, zucchini, salt, parsley and cheese - mix well.
- Transfer to the muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes at 350.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Additional salt & pepper to taste.