Natural Lip Shimmer
This natural lip shimmer recipe combines simple ingredients to make a beautiful, natural lip balm that will color and moisturize your lips.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Resting time: 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 tubes
- 1 Tbsp 100% pastured tallow *or see alternatives in notes, below
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed grapeseed oil *or see alternatives in notes, below
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets
- 1/4 tsp mica powder *we used pearl red
Combine the tallow, grapeseed oil and beeswax in a glass measuring cup. Heat in the microwave on high for 20 second intervals until melted.
Carefully remove from the microwave. Stir in the mica powder thoroughly until combined.
If using essential oils, add at this time.
Carefully transfer the mixture into empty lip balm containers - this needs to happen quickly before the mixture cools. Allow the lip balm tubes to cool completely before adding the cap and using on lips.
This recipe should make 6-7 lip balm containers.
- Mango butter or shea butter can be substituted for the tallow 1:1.
- Replace the unrefined grapeseed oil with sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil or even rosehip oil.
- Geranium essential oil gives the lip shimmer a beautiful scent - however, Lavender essential oil would work beautifully too.