Spicy Pickled Pineapple
This Spicy pickled pineapple is a combination of sweet pineapple and spicy jalapeño ~ a wonderful topping for a sandwich or perfect snack time treat.
Servings 8 people
- 1 ea pineapple sliced thin
- 3 C vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 C lime juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed whole
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 C cilantro finely chopped
- 1 ea jalapeño seeds removed and cut into small rings
Place the vinegar, sugar, lime juice, mustard seed, peppercorns and kosher salt into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until sugar dissolves. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
Slice the pineapple in thin rings. Add to your wide mouth canning jar with the cilantro.
Pour the vinegar mixture over the top of each jar, allow 1/2 inch headspace. The vinegar should barely cover each jar, if not, top with a bit of water.
Place the lid and ring on each wide mouth jar. Refrigerate for 12-24 hours before enjoying.
- This recipe makes just under 3 pints (6 C.) of Spicy Pickled Pineapple.