Peach BBQ Sauce
Ripe peaches are the key to this deliciously sweet yet smoky flavor behind Peach BBQ Sauce - great on steak, even better on chicken at your next family barbecue!
Servings 3 half pints
- 2 C ketchup I prefer simple ketchup (without corn syrup!)
- 4 C diced fresh peaches peels do not have to be removed
- 3/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2/3 C brown sugar dark or light
- 2 tsp BBQ rub or sub equal parts garlic powder, paprika and ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 C water can substitute Coca Cola or even Dr. Pepper
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium stockpot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cover, and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until peaches are soft.
Use your immersion blender, or regular blender, to blend the sauce to a fine puree.
Transfer the sauce to sterilized jars. Top with canning lid and ring.
Store in the refrigerator when not in use.