Green Chile Peach Jam
Peaches, green chiles and habanero peppers make this spicy, green chile peach jam - perfect on morning toast, or served over cream cheese with crackers!
Servings 4 pints
- 7 peaches pit removed, diced
- 8 Hatch green chiles stem and seeds removed
- 2 habanero peppers stem and seeds removed
- 1 C water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 5 C granulated sugar
- 1 pkg dry pectin 1 3/4 oz.
Combine peaches, habanero peppers and green chiles in the food processer and puree until broken down.
Add the peaches, habanero peppers, green chiles, water, and lemon juice in an 8 quart non-stick heavy bottom pot.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
Add sugar all at once.
Return mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil hard for one minute, jam should be at a temp of 220 degrees F.
Remove from heat. Ladle into hot pint-size jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Place lids on jars, and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting the processing time for larger jars or elevation, as necessary.
Remove from hot water bath and allow to cool. You should hear the lids pop as the jars seal.
- For even more kick, add additional habanero peppers. Make sure you wear gloves before removing the stem and seeds.