This Homemade Mayonnaise comes together in just 5 simple minutes with just 4 ingredients! This no-fail recipe tastes SO much better than store brand mayo!
Servings 16 servings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard optional
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 C olive oil NOT extra virgin!
- 2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
Place the salt, mustard and egg in the food processor. Process for 30 seconds, until combined and a pale yellow in color.
With the blender running, drizzle in the oil until the mixture is thick and well blended (60-90 seconds). It's important to add the oil slowly - that's what will make a creamier, thicker mayonnaise.
With the food processor still going, add the vinegar (or lemon juice), and process for an additional 10-15 seconds.
The mayonnaise is now ready. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days..
- The best oil to use in mayonnaise is a neutral oil. This recipe uses olive oil - I would avoid extra virgin olive oil just because it has a bitter taste. You may want to substitute Avocado or sunflower oil instead, though avocado oil may have a quirky flavor.
- Make sure to use an egg that has been brought to room temperature. If you forget to take one out in advance, put the whole egg in a glass of warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- This recipe makes just over 1 C. of mayonnaise.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 4mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg