Roasted Poblano and Garlic Pesto
A southwestern twist on a fun original, this roasted poblano and garlic pesto creates a depth of flavor that is perfect as an appetizer or along side a main dish..
Servings 16 servings
- 3 ea poblano peppers
- 6 ea cloves garlic peeled, lightly smaashed
- 1/2 ea onion diced
- 1/3 C feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 C cilantro
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper or more to taste
Rinse your poblano peppers and toss on on a hot grill, medium heat, until blistered on all sides. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool. Peel off the charred outer skin, remove the stem and toss the seeds. Seeds aside.
In the food processor, combine the garlic, onion, feta cheese, cilantro and poblano chiles and pulse until minced.
With the machine running, add 1/4 C. olive oil and pulse to blend.
Season with salt & pepper.
- To store: refrigerate in a covered container. When refrigerated, the pesto will keep for one week. Can be frozen for longer preservation.
- Spread on sandwiches, stir into pasta or meatballs, top on chicken, steak, or serve on a toasted baguette.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 1143mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 481IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 1mg