Instant Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
This delicious Instant Pot Shredded Mexican chicken is a one-pot dump-and-go dinner that tastes incredible and cooks quickly on a busy night!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C salsa mild
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ea diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke optional
In your empty Instant Pot, lay the chicken on the bottom and brush with the olive oil.
Add all the other ingredients on top of the chicken.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve. Set the timer for high (manual) for 27 minutes.
When the pot beeps, release the pressure, shred the chicken in the pot. Allow it a few minutes to continue to absorb the liquid.
Serve with sour cream.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoyed within 72 hours.
- Excess liquid can be kept and used as a base for flavorful rice.
- Liquid smoke is optional but recommended.
- 2 tsp maple syrup can be substituted for the brown sugar.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 923mg | Potassium: 664mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 617IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg