The cooler temps that are upon us this fall aren’t complete without a nice, warm comforting bowl of Butternut Squash Soup.
The soup is FULL of healthy ingredients like cinnamon, turmeric, and clove ~ have nutmeg? You can also add that too. It’s simple and easy to make, and freezes well, too. Use your Instant Pot to make it effortless, too!
Choose to top your soup with toasted croutons or pumpkin seed – even Walnuts would be a wise choice, for more texture.
- 1 butternut squash
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or 2 drops Nutmeg Vitality Essential Oil)
- 1/4 tsp clove (or 2 drops Clove Vitality Essential Oil)
- Optional: toasted walnuts, croutons or pumpkin seeds for topping
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot, and pour 1 C. of water.
- Cut your butternut so it fits in the pot. If it doesn't fit, then cut it in half to make it fit easier.
- Top with the lid, close the valve and set on manual (high) for 10-15 minutes. Higher elevations will need more time while lower elevations will need closer to 10 minutes.
- At the end of the 10-15 minutes, the pot will beep - release the pressure and take out the squash. If you cut it, then scoop out the seeds. If you didn't cut it, then cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the squash back in the Instant Pot and cook on manual (high) for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the pressure out completely, then carefully take the butternut squash out of the pot. Scoop out the flesh and put in your blender along with the veggie broth, garlic and spices.
- Blend until smooth - 30 seconds to one minute (longer - depending on your blender).
- Add salt (to taste).
- Ladle into bowls and top with toasted walnuts, pumpkin seeds or croutons.