Summer Squash Soup is one of those things you will want to have bookmarked for all that summer squash you pull from your garden – this is such a great way to use it, and freezes well, too!
Not only that, if you have an Instant Pot, you can whip this up in a matter of minutes – who knew that eating better could be so easy?!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, it truly is a blessing in the kitchen – you can whip up all kinds of food in a fraction of the time AND keep the house cool without heating it up. That’s important when you live in Arizona – our summers are just a little too warm.
Quick tip ~ you might want an Immersion Blender (if you don’t have one) – you will need it at the end.
- 4 Yellow Squash, roughly chopped or sliced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 C. full fat Coconut Milk
- 3 1/2 - 4 C. Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Optional for garnish: Basil, or fresh Croutons.
- Combine the squash, onion, garlic, curry, cumin, pepper and salt in the Instant Pot.
- Add the broth just until it covers the vegetables (you may need a little less than 4 C.)
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and push Manual (High) for 10 minutes.
- Once the pot beeps, release the steam manually, and use an immersion blender to blend the contents.
- Add the coconut milk, salt, and more pepper to taste.
- Serve alongside fresh sourdough bread - drizzle with a little coconut milk or cream, fresh basil or croutons if desired.